Frequently asked Questions regarding to COVID-19 situation support by International Affairs Office

Q.  If I want to go back to my home country, what do I have to do?

  1. If you have any intention to return back to home country please follow the steps;
    • Fill in the “Form for Student Traveling Home Country”
    • Consult with your advisor regarding your intentions to go back to your country.
    • Submit the form by email to orginter@mail.kmutt.ac.th subject “[Student ID] [Name] Form for Student Traveling Home Country”

Q.  What happens if I do not intend to go back to my home country.

  • For exchange and research/intern students, we strongly recommend you to go back to your home country unless in the situation of a lockdown due to your visa.
  • For regular students, if you are going to stay in Thailand we advise you to strictly follow the preventive measures as announced.

If you have to stay in Thailand, you are requested to fill in the “KMUTT COVID-19 Symptoms Monitoring Form” everyday in order to monitor the well-being of KMUTT International Students during the outbreak of novel coronavirus COVID-19. Please send an email stated your intention to stay in Thailand to orginter@mail.kmutt.ac.th to receive the form.

Q. Can I still get visa extension services? How can I extend my visa?

A. Yes, International Affairs Office is still providing visa extension services. Visa extension service is available on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please submit all required documents to IA by email at orginter@mail.kmutt.ac.th

Q. Will the shuttle bus between Bangmod and BangKhunTien campus operate as normal?

A. Yes, as of now the shuttle buses are currently operating as normal. We will announce if there are any changes. 

Q. How will classes be conducted during this time?

A. According to the announcement from the university, lectures are to be conducted online for all undergraduate and graduate courses. Please consult with the teaching professor or faculty on class schedules and teaching channels.

Q. Will students have to come back to campus for exams?

A. Lecturers are requested to adapt any appropriate teaching and evaluating methods in replacement of taking classes and examinations at the university e. g. online examinations, take home examinations, assignments and reports in order to avoid clusters of people. 

Please consult with the teaching professor or faculty on this matter.

Q. Where can I follow news or information on the COVID-19 situation in Thailand? 

A. There are several channels where you can keep yourself posted on the COVID-19 situation in Thailand. For KMUTT International students, IA has created a new facebook page “KMUTT Inter for Covid-19” used specifically for sharing and updating the latest announcement from the university and monitoring COVID-19 situation in Thailand. Don’t forget to subscribe to the new facebook page to get most updated information at https://www.facebook.com/kmuttintercovid/